Sample of our Work
In Asia, outbound M&A has been a key trend for Asian companies seeking technologies and expertise, brands and markets. Family-owned businesses seek private companies in developed markets that can offer synergies for their Asia operations as well as stand alone direct investment opportunities.
- Advised the founder owner of a leading specialist medical clinic on their sale to a strategic investor. Targeted major medical service providers seeking to consolidate specialist practices across Asia. Sold to a listed healthcare service provider.
- Advised the founders of a Digital Media and Entertainment group with primary focus on Japan and China on the outright sale of their business and the sourcing of a strategic partner to help fund the capital requirements for their continual growth in the music and film and entertainment space.
- Advised the founder of a Shanghai Kindergarten group in the sale of her business. Sold to a Chinese Family for their personal and philanthropic use. Last stage bidders also included a HK Tycoon through his listed vehicle.
- Advised the China food distribution subsidiary of one of the Europe’s largest food companies on the introduction of a strategic partnership for the development of the China market. JV agreement entered into with a Shanghai-based SOE.
- Advised the founders of a very large distributor of telecom products in the sale of their majority stake to an Asia based investor.
- Advised the founding family owner of a leading Singaporean international school in their sale to a leading European educational group listed on the US stock market.
- Advised on a Chinese POS systems manufacturer in their acquisition discussions with a France-based global leader in POS systems.
- Mandated by a leading Hang Seng Index constituent company to acquire a European wine distribution business valued at over US$300 million.
- Advised a global leader in action sports with a strong US and European presence in their proposed management buyout. The lead investor was a leading Japan-backed private equity fund.
- Advised a Top-10 PRC state-owned bank in acquiring an offshore (Hong Kong based) securities company.
- Advised the founder of an internet search-engine website for high-end Watches to raise expansion capital for their successful growth into women’s watches and jewelry segment.
- Advised a London based family construction Group in raising capital from Asian Real Estate investors to finance its development subsidiary.
- Advised a London based group on finding an Asian strategic partner for their on-line gaming platform.
- Advised an early-stage consumer/beauty company raise capital to fund its pan-China expansion plan. The investor is a traditional Hong Kong based toy manufacturer looking to diversify product range. This transaction paired two clients of L&C’s to tap into each other’s strategic expertise.
- Advised an Australian family in capital raising for the acquisition of a coal mine asset.
- Advised a Chinese gold miner with a private placement bridge finance targeted at one of L&C’s Australian family offices. The bridge was required to facilitate its take-over by a large state-owned company. The bridge structure was highly tailored to achieve both the issuer and investors needs. <
- Advised an Australian family office in structuring and raising a US$200 million-equivalent in acquisition financing, relying on credit enhancement through its corporate entity.
- Capital raising for a start-up niche market container shipping line. This company was founded by an experienced management team from the leaders in the field. We were mandated to seek strategic investors to provide the equity portion of the financing.
Real estate is one of the major asset classes for Asian institutional, family office and HNW investors. We constantly source and intermediate real estate projects and physical assets from across the world. The range of projects include: development or redevelopment projects, commercial properties, high-end residential property, hotels and resorts and even more esoteric assets such as wineries and vineyards. Geographically, the focus has been on developed markets including Europe, US and Australia. Currently, the focus among our institutional client base is on secure cash-yielding properties in gateway cities in the US, the UK and Germany. En bloc properties such as commercial buildings with long-term leases, such as sale and leaseback transactions are particularly in favor.
- Advised the owner group of a chain of UK-hotels on their sale. Reached LOI phase with a major Korean institutional investor. Deal size exceeded £200 million.
- Represented a Canadian real estate firm to acquire a commercial building in Mayfair, London. Reached LOI phase. Deal size was approximately £25 million.
- Represented a Korean consortium to enter the auction of a Central London trophy building leased to UK government; Reached the final round of the process and was considered the second best bid. Deal size wasover £210 million.
- Acted on multiple real estate re-development financing transactions for projects in New York, London andChina for a total transaction value of US$150 million.
- Advised Asian high net worth families in the search for various types of European trophy property assets to be acquired.